Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Religion?

Lets talk about Religion today.

What is religion? is it peoples way of being secure? Is it so they can blame someone or something else for everything? Is it so they have something to believe in? Or is it so people can have a way on explaining what they cannot explain?

I believe it depends on the person. Many say that in the begining, God created the heaven, and the earth. you learn that god is timeless, and God is everything, but nothing. So, if god is the timeless being, then I wonder... who created God? If he was not created by someone or something else, how did he come to be? My mian problem with the Bible is that it leaves to many questions un answered, and too much room for skepticism. Alot of people... like me... Need proof of things to believe them... Most of the time. It is hard for me to take something "on faith". Then again, I also find the theory of how the earth was created to be a bit far fetched. No no.. there must be another answer that we have not discovered.
Many people cannot explain things that happen... like how the sun was created, or how the spacious vaccum of Space was created. So they look to a religion to tell them how. Then they are happy with "god made it that way" As a child, we're told "god made it that way" and it was all explained, no need to question further. Many people also look to religion for meaning, and security... For if there is no life after death, what becomes of us? Our natural instinct for self preservation makes us panic... what if I wont exsist anymore? what is the point? why should I be alive now? I must have a greater purpose. Many people look at these things that way.Speaking of God's. Why is it that Christians worship Jesus more than God? In church you hear songs of praise to jesus. In my life, I've heard maybe 2 or 3 songs dedicated to GOD. When we pray, we pray to jesus, when we end our prayer, we say it to jesus. Jesus was not the Christian creator, it was God. God controls everything.

Then there is believing. The need to know that someone or something is always there. Something to put out faith into. If we have nothing to put our faith into... then what are we faithful to? what do you believe? what do we look for when things go wrong? Now don't get me wrong.. you may think I dont believe in a God. Or I'm a sinner. No... this is not true. I simply do not believe the same way you do.

I believe there may be a God. What I refuse to believe is that this god spoke to men, and said "write this down". I believe the Bible was made by man. I believe that a God wants me to do what is right in my heart, and what is right in my mind, only when these 2 objects can agree, is when something is truely right. I do not follow the 10 commandments... I do not follow the bible. I follow my heart. I use my mind to determine what is the right, and the logic.

This has been my weekly(biweekly?) Matt Wisdom.

5 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Katie (Olivena) said...

Way to tell it. (go preacher Matt!) That actually did make a lot of sence.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt- I'd have to agree with some of that. Religion is very confusing. I can't explain it to you, but lately I have just FELT God there for me. I honestly have seen him answer my prayers and literally help me figure out what I really want in life. Sorry to sound cheesy, but it’s true. It's amazing. One question I can answer is the whole thing about why Jesus is everything in Christianity. First of all, he died so we could be forgiven (duh). But he also endured pain and suffering and that’s why I think people can relate to him more then just looking at God. It’s so easy for God to be perfect…he was never tempted. But Jesus had to live in the same world we did and somehow, he remained Godly and perfect. That, to me, is amazing…and therefore Jesus has a HUGE significance. Lol hopefully I didn’t butcher all that. I am definitely not an expert. What is it that bothers you about religious people?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Matt said...

What bothers me about religious people is how they do not take their own actions into account, they do not take full responsiblity. Also how they twist and warp their religion into working for THEM... not them working for their religion. By the way... who are you?

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe in God, and I am a Catholic. However, I do not go to church. I don't believe you need to go to church to practice your faith. I understand where you are coming from, and often time religion sounds like "the easy way out". But even if what we are all believing isn't real (which I believe with all my heart that it is), it still makes us better people. Christians think of Jesus as so important because he is our pathway to God, we believe the only way into heaven is fully accepting Jesus as our savior, hence CHRISTian. My biggest problem with people is they seem to only go to church because they feel obligated, and that is wrong. Practice faith for the right reasons! Anyway, although I disagree with you Matt, I can see where you are coming from and you made some very good points and made a good, solid argument as opposed to just an idiotic rant. I respect that.
-Justin Bailey

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....the other anonymous was me...hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home