Monday, June 28, 2004

yankneck (yankee+redneck)

Alright this is going to be about why Michigan is a redneck yankee state, and why i am such a freakin hick. Oh, and the course of my weekend. all rolled into one story! arent you special...

Alright Saturday. my dad wakes me up at 9:30!!... what the bloody hell?! he tells me that i cant be sleeping the whole summer away, and that i should go to bed late and wake up early "no dad... that would just be stupid, im supposed to stay up untill 8 or so ( in the morning mind you) and wake up at the earliest, 1 'o clock" "matt, shut up". so i get up... turns out we take a bike ride into town. not bad only 6 miles. we watch the jubilee, god oh god why. Most boring thing ever. You know your a hick when the best part of the parade, and the longest part is showing off tractors. I think the best part of that parade is the PT Cruiser disguised as a cat, that was a kick butt car. Ok *WARNING HICKNESS COMING UP* after that we follow the tractors, and watch all those tractors that were in the parade... do an old fashioned tractor pull!! AS:LSdsfl... WHY?! we dont live in georgia! or alabama! why are we doing a tractor pull? so redneck... after that we go to my sisters... and i avoid all those many people i know that live in the trailer park. We go home, another 6 miles, not bad. 12 miles.
SUNDAY
He wakes me up at 9:30 again, oh god. We take another bike ride into town. 6 miles, again not bad. 18 miles so far. We rent some movies and just goof around. Nothing HillBillyish today, another trek home, 24 miles.
SUNDAY NIGHT
Me and my dad take the car into town. We decide on the back roads. Great, we hit a bird, ok no problem just keep going right? nope! we go to the corner, turn around and gawk at the dead bird. we open the door, poke it and roll it around, and my dad says "yep... he's dead alright" and as we're leaving scene of the crime, my dad runs it over again!! we go to the store do our stuff, and take the backroads home. My dad, runs over the bird AGAIN (3 times!!) i look at him.. "what? he might have been in pain" "oh my god, dad... we're rednecks"
MONDAY
my brother threw my bro out of the house. the cops toe my brothers car cause he tried to drive it with no gas nor insurance, so he ran outta gas and left it in the middle of the road. >_<. But finally my dads car gets out of the shop. (YES!! I LOVE THAT CAR) We get home and me and my mom take off again to look me a jobs. i get a couple of applications. I'm trying to stay away from the fast food, cause my brother and sister has worked at every single one around here. But its not looking so good. Tuesday im trying "LANLords" in howell (computer shop). But i get home, and i check out some college stuff. I might be going to a college in florida, speciffically for game and grahpics design. but i dont know yet.
MONDAY NIGHT
Me and my mom go for a bike ride.... 15 miles... oh so, thats 39 miles i've bike rode over my weekend and monday, i do about 15 miles a day... add that up, and jesus christ matt you have no life

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I am always feeling like a redneck! haha especially when my summer is full of horse shows. Horse people are hicks! And at the Ingham county fair, It gets worse....yes, there is a tractor pull as well. Although i don't go to watch it, or at least i won't admit to it lol. Tell your dad that summer is made for sleeping in! sleeping is the best part of my day lol. I hope you find a great job.....the computer job sounds like it would be great for you. It sounds like you definately have a life...more exciting than mine anyway. I thought I'd leave a comment since I'm always feeling like i live in a hick town.....or hick state....either way lol.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha matts a hick...

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha sucks to be the bird >_<


-Ski

 

Post a Comment

<< Home