Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Paranoia

This is gonna be a mix of Matt's Wisdom and Matt Ranting.

My Brother. Everytime he comes home from his "school" my parents treat me like im stupid. I excel at computers and the like and my brother is going to school for it. He learns things that I do not know. But this does not mean he knows more than me. Just simply knows different things than me. But my parents would rather treat my like im stupid and dont know what im doing. They treat and tell him that he is great. They put the impression on me that he's better. why?

Addiction. Whats with people being addicted to things and making excuses? People smoke and when asked about quiting they say "it's not that easy" fine i'll accept that. but when it becomes such a problem, and you give me more than "its not that easy" there is something wrong. It's not that easy will work for a while but sometime you just have to suck it up. My brother smokes, and he tells me that "you just cant stop". No you really just can stop. you really can just drop it and walk away. People make too many excuses for these things. Sometimes people you jsut need to stop. So heres my message:
Stop making excuses and do it. I don't care how hard youthink it is. Get off your lazy ass and do something about it.

8 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Chris Latta said...

right on. you have a point on both arguments.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how hard it is to stop smoking? I don't think you do. So you have no right to say that people can just drop it and walk away. How would you know if you can just stop smoking if you have never been completely addicted? You have no room to talk if you haven't been through it.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Actually, K thanx. Both of my parents smoked. and my brother smokes. I know EXACTLY how hard it is. It's people like you who dont have enough confidence and keep making excuse, that make it hard. You never have to begin in the first place. If you would have had enough self confidence, logic, and self awarness you could have stayed away from that. I don't care how bad the peer pressure is. You need to grow up if it's that bad. K thanks. If you are going to attack me on my Blog, then atleast gets some facts.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Also, if you dont ahve enough guts to put your own name, that shows a lack of maturity. Thanks for participating. But you've lost the game.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Katie (Olivena) said...

way to speak the truth matt, and smoking= cancer on a stick and bad breath- ew... dont feel bad about your brother, he'll be back to his 'school' eventually...

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Becca said...

oh fuck yes matt.

I so love you!!! haha you shall get your present SOON!

*aka marching season prolly*

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to learn that what you think is NOT the only thing that matters. Sure people who decide to smoke are making a stupid decision, but once they get addicted it is obviously incredibly hard to stop. Oh, and I'm not attacking you, I am just saying what I think, since that is allowed. Also, you cannot say that I need to get facts when you are right along beside me just voicing your opinion. You do not know anything about quitting smoking unless you have tried or done so. Have you done either? If not I suggest that you stop thinking that you know everything because, frankly, that is a sign of immaturity.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Actually I have tried smoking once. And it was retarded so I never did it again. Tell you what, since you like to voice your opinion so much in MY blog and not take any claim for it (oh by the way thats immature) I'll make it so you either A. cant comment or B have to leave a name. I never said I know everything. Also smoking was just an example. I dont know everything, and I'm certain i have enough experience in the smoking department. Being related to a whole family of smokers ( and half of which have quit) I know exactly how hard it is. Dont lecture me on not knowing. Because I do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home